Click for print document
Directions: Use the map to answer the following questions.
- Where are the modern day borders of New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, New York, and Canada? Draw them in using different colors.
- Draw in a compass rose.
- On what geographical feature are almost all of the settlements located? Explain the reasons for this.
- What are the two main rivers in New Hampshire?
- How many miles is it from Boston to Deerfield? How many miles from Deerfield to Fort No. 4?
- Calculate how many miles between Boston and Albany.
- Describe what it would be like to travel these distances in the mid 1700's.
- Hypothesize about what communication was like in the mid 1700's; how did people communicate between towns? How did it affect daily life and business?
- Describe what it is like to travel these distances today, for example, between Boston and Albany.
- How long is the Connecticut River in New Hampshire?
- How many Indian settlements are shown on the map?
- How many European settlements are there?
- How do you think this imbalanace in number of settlements affected the relationship between the Indians and Europeans? Explain your answer.
- Name 4-5 places on the map that are Indian names and are still in use today.
- Extension: Do some research and find out where Northeastern Indian tribes are located today.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Fort at No. 4, All Rights Reserved |